*Please note: I am not currently seeing counseling clients. Please click the “What Am I Doing Now” to see an update. Thank you.
Formerly a Licensed Associate Professional Counselor, working most recently at New Seasons Counseling, Coaching, and Consulting. I have an MA in Professional Counseling (60 hour) from Liberty University Graduate School, and received the honor of being named Graduate with High Distinction. I have a BS in Psychology with dual specializations in Crisis Counseling & Christian Counseling from Liberty University, where I graduated Summa Cum Laude.
I have worked with a wide range of emotional & behavioral issues that span from grief counseling to parenting issues and beyond. I have worked with all ages: children, adolescents and adults. My focus is anxiety; crisis; trauma; physical, emotional and sexual abuse; boundary issues; and, substance abuse. I have provided individual, couples, family, group therapy and life coaching. Christian counseling could be incorporated into any and all treatment plans.
As a life coach, I partner with individuals who desire to realize their maximum potential. I offer guidance, encouragement & accountability. I desire to help individuals feel empowered & experience improvement in all areas of life. Life coaching is provided in person and/or via phone.
I was also a Therapist at Georgia Baptist Children’s Home and Family Ministries. I provided therapeutic services to children and adolescents [and at times their families] in the Maximum Watchful Oversight Program, Victory Program, and Foster Care Program, as well as clients from the surrounding community.
My responsibilities included: working as part of the clinical team; processing new clients; completing mental health assessments; developing service plans and crisis plans; coordinating with physician, nurse, CSS and client to manage the medication as needed; verifying eligibility; ensuring documentation meets requirements of DBHDD, Medicade and all CMOs; completing billing information; assisting in scheduling and filing; evaluating the effectiveness of counseling programs and clients’ progress in resolving identified problems and moving towards defined objectives; advocating on behalf of family issues, welfare of clients, and agency development; on-call hours; leading training.
I have worked at Wellspring Living as a coach for girls ages 12-17 and young women ages 17-25 who are survivors of commercial sexual exploitation and/or sex trafficking. I am a volunteer with Out of Darkness. I am currently on the prayer team, I have served as a Hotline Responder for women who want to be rescued out of prostitution. I have also participated in Princess Night, where volunteers go out to the streets and strip clubs where women are being exploited and offer them a way out.
- Resolving Sexual Trauma with Rapid Resolution Therapy®
- Play Therapy & Sandtray Therapy
- Spontaneous Post-Traumatic Play: Children’s Natural Reparative Mechanism
- Mindset Training Certification
- Suicide & Self-Mutilation
- Prime Solutions Level 1
- Clinical Assessment for Treatment Planning & Case Conceptualization w/Substance Use Disorders
- The Gottman Method for Couples
- Defining, Assessing, & Addressing Sex & Intimacy Disorders in Women
- Trained to work with girls in a residential program for victims of commercial sexual exploitation (CSE)/ Domestic Minor Sex Trafficking (DMST)
- Trained as a CSE hotline responder
- Trained in CSE outreach: Outreach includes Princess Night, Jail Outreach, and Medical Training (go on-site to hospitals, clinics, first responders locations to train on signs of trafficking and where to get help)
- Trained & Certified as a Marriage Mentor [coach]
- Trained as an instructor and mentor for prison inmates: equipped to train others to do the same
- Trained to work with women/families experiencing an unexpected pregnancy
- Trained to facilitate support groups for residents of a domestic violence safe haven
- CHOA Training: Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse in Georgia: Your Role in Recognizing and Responding to Suspicion of Maltreatment
- And more
Click Here For LinkedIn Profile
MEMBERSHIPS & ASSOCIATIONS:
Licensed Professional Counselors Association of Georgia
American Association of Christian Counselors
Association for Specialists in Group Work
Association for Play Therapy
Georgia Christian Counselors Association
Psi Chi International Honor Society in Psychology